Program Costs 2018
The tuition for this program is waived in cases of a mutual exchange agreement. However, we will charge the necessary costs (such as textbooks & material fees, accommodation fee, etc.) as the program cost. Information regarding the total program cost and payment deadline are provided to participating university’s liaison office after we receive students' application forms.
Program costs include the following
- Material fees
- Transportation fees from Narita Airport to the university dormitory at the beginning of the program (a chartered bus)
- Transportation fees for company visits
- Fees for excursions and activities conducted in the “Japanese Language” course
- Housing expenses for students living in the dormitory during the program (includes utilities & internet access, but excludes washing machines & driers)
※ Home Visit is optional.
Applicants who wish to participate in the Home Visit are required to pay the "Home Vist Fee" (22,800 JPN-yen).
Program costs do not include following
- Expenses for meals (however, some meals will be served by respective host families during the home visit experience)
- Transportation fees between the university dormitory and the airport at the end of the program
- Transportation fees to and from the dormitory and host family’s house and travel expenses during the Home Visit (applicable only to Home Visit participants)
- Baggage service charges to and from the airport (if applicable)
- Expenses for medical care and insurance
- Personal spending and other personal costs incurred by each student
If you can make your own arrangements for accommodations, such as staying with a family you know in Japan for the whole program period, you will not have to pay the accommodation fees. In this case, please note that you will have to pay the necessary expenses for the home stay and the transportation fee for the commute between the university and your chosen place of residence.
The wire transfer of money for all students should be made to the bank account designated on the invoice issued by Senshu University. Unfortunately, credit card or personal checks cannot be accepted.
You are responsible for paying all bank charges. When you make the transfer, please add to 2,500 JPN-yen to cover the charge made by the Japanese recipient bank. Please note amounts paid are non-refundable.
Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan)
As previously announced, Senshu University submitted applications on behalf of eligible students for a scholarship called the “Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan)”, which is offered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). Depending on the number of scholarships available, we automatically nominate eligible students based on their academic standing (as well as other conditions) according to their applications.
For the 2018-2019 academic year, however, we regret to announce that Senshu University did not receive any scholarship funds from JASSO for distribution to incoming international students. This unfortunately applies specifically to students registered for the BCL Program (Survey of Japanese Business, Survey of Culture & History, and Language Course), which is only offered to students from Senshu’s partner universities.
About the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
The core aim of JASSO is to advance international exchanges in education. The organization’s core funding comes from the Japanese government and is under the auspices of the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology (MEXT) and other educational institutions. JASSO is a key organization in the delivery of projects relating to international education.