Program Costs 2020
Program costs include the following
- Material fees
- Transportation fees from Narita Airport to the university dormitory at the beginning of the program (a chartered bus)
- Transportation fees for company visits
- Fees for excursions and activities conducted in the “Japanese Language” course
- Housing expenses for students living in the dormitory during the program (includes utilities & internet access, but excludes washing machines & driers)
Applicants who wish to participate in the Home Visit are required to pay the "Home Vist Fee" (22,800 JPN-yen).
Program costs do not include following
- Expenses for meals (however, some meals will be served by respective host families during the home visit experience)
- Transportation fees between the university dormitory and the airport at the end of the program
- Transportation fees to and from the dormitory and host family’s house and travel expenses during the Home Visit (applicable only to Home Visit participants)
- Baggage service charges to and from the airport (if applicable)
- Expenses for medical care and insurance
- Personal spending and other personal costs incurred by each student
The wire transfer of money for all students should be made to the bank account designated on the invoice issued by Senshu University. Unfortunately, credit card or personal checks cannot be accepted.
Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan)
For the 2020-2021 academic year, however, we regret to announce that Senshu University did not receive any scholarship funds from JASSO for distribution to incoming international students. This unfortunately applies specifically to students registered for the BCL Program (Survey of Japanese Business, Survey of Culture & History, and Language Course), which is only offered to students from Senshu’s partner universities.